Willington/Twyford/Barrow Bank 1.
- Opposite the cooling towers of the power station.
- Opposite Frizzams lane (signposted Stenson). NB there is hard standing on the wide grass verge which has been used for many years.
- Use the lane to Twyford village. Access is along the footpath going west over the stream. NO fishing in the village.
- Near Poplars Farm.
- Near Barrow on Trent. There is no specific car parking yet. Access is on foot.
Repton/Milton/Ingleby Bank access(key required)
- Three isolated stretches upstream of the main Willington/Repton bridge. After finding somewhere to park, follow the footpath as per the map.
A very popular water holding big Barbel, Chub and Carp plus all the usual species. From Swarkestone Bridge (A514) 300m past Garage turn right into track (sign-posted). Follow the track for 1mile to river, Car park 8B. Park near footbridge (never block track) fishing here is good for Barbel, Chub, Roach and Bream. The pegs above bridge are very good!
Car park 8C is a further ¼ mile down the track in the Woods. The pegs along the roadside can all produce good catches of Chub and Roach. Barbel can show anywhere! The pegs in the wood are a lot deeper and hold Big Perch, Chub and Carp, Below the Woods the river returns to fast shallow runs (Barbel & Chub).
For Car park 8A from Swarkestone Bridge, 200m past the A5132 junction turn right into Church La, drive down to the river then turn right. Go 70m and park near buoy (do not block road). Just below the bridge is the old weir good for Barbel, Chub, Perch and Pike. The Pegs downstream are good for all species. A pedestrian access is located down Woodshop Lane which is between the bridge and The Crewe & Harpur Pub. Park in the lane (please do not block / annoy locals) and go down gravel path between house and bungalow (30m From main road). River here is slow and deep holding all species, upstream is shallower and holds Chub and Barbel.